Wednesday, March 23, 2011

a life worth living

So its been a while, LIFE really started to catch up to me and so did work and school.
I was home last week and it really made me think and examine my life.
I'm southern, I was born in the South and I don't ever plan to leave it. We southerners live a rare life indeed and while home I became proud of how those dirt roads, cotton fields and bright stars (because you know Orlando doesn't even have stars) shaped me. I'm thankful for growing up in good ole Pace, Fl, even though growing up there was just awful. Living in Orlando has made me miss the 35mph and the one stop light for a road type driving. I miss that simple-slowdown-Fridaynightfootballgames type life and even more I miss my family and all "family", the aunts and uncles who I adopted and the best friends mom who was my MaeMae. But I think what I miss more then even that, is a nice glass of ice-cold SWEET tea!! Okay, so I might not miss that the most but hey its pretty important part of being southern. And while I could keep writing and writing about home, Ill move onto other news in my life.
Love life is looking up and school is looking better. Work, eh, still not where I want it but God's got plans and jokes. Friends are beautiful and family is amazing. And well, Jasmine.. well she is still an adorable-annoying kitten. So I as I head to get ready for work, Ill leave a video of who I get to go see with my wonderful boyfriend on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment